MANAGING CHANGE AND PROMOTING GROWTH
This workshop has been designed to support children with managing change.
It has been written in direct response to the recent Covid-19 pandemic and with consideration of resultant changes to lifestyle and schooling. Whilst change is an inevitable aspect of life, change can prompt a myriad of difficult feelings for children; it can prompt fear, anxiety, anger and grief. Therefore this workshop can be easily adapted post Covid-19 to explore general change.
This workshop aims to bring into the child’s awareness how they have been impacted by change, their feelings in response to this and to find ways in which they can retain a sense of security with a range of strategies designed to support their emotional development, whilst also promoting growth and resilience.
This workshop can be delivered over 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Detailed timetable
- 4 workshop activities
- Instructions on delivery and justification
Worksheets & Print outs included:
- Appendix 1: Change statements
- Appendix 2: About change Powerpoint
- Appendix 3: Change template
- Appendix 4: Emojis
- Appendix 5: Body outline
- Appendix 6: Ladder
- Appendix 7: Celebrating creativity
Materials required from you:
- Printer (to print out templates)
- Additional clothing/accessories for the facilitator
- Laptop and projector (for powerpoint presentation)